The following will be MANDATORY
1. ALL frames must be in WOODEN SUPERS ( FRAMES IN PLASTIC TUBS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED! THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!! You will have to come back with them in boxes. No exceptions. (Use plywood, garbage sacks, lids, cardboard, or something like that to protect your vehicle from dripping honey.)
2. You will be required to unload and load your own equipment (if unable to do it yourself please bring someone who can assist you) I will provide DRIP BOARDS and a hand truck.
3. Buckets must be food grade and CLEAN!! We will not have time to assist in cleaning your buckets this year. (Colored buckets are not allowed as they are not food grade. The coloring is not food safe!) We carry a full line of food grade commercial buckets for your convenience.
4. If you want your cappings, please advise us of that.
5. Please fill out the EXTRACTION FORM and label all of your boxes and buckets before bringing out your supers for drop off.
6. EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your drop-off time AND INDICATE # of BOXES.
EXTRACTION 2020 DROP-OFF DATES
6 CUSTOMERS PER DROP-OFF DAY
READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE CONTACTING US!
|Slot 1||Slot 2||Slot 3||Slot 4||Slot 5||Slot 6|
|August 8TH||PREP TIME||PREP TIME||PREP TIME||PREP TIME||PREP TIME||PREP TIME|
|August 15TH||Stu G.||Lisa D.||Curtis P.||Christi C.||Steve H.|
|August 22ND||Hollie R.||Kent O.||Megan B.||David B.||Mike H.||NOT AVAILABLE|
|September 5TH ||Summer F.||Jay H.||LeAnne E.||R & L C.||R & S Y.||Jim L.|
|September 12TH ||Jeff H.||Cindy M.||Emily G.||D & J W.||Steve I.||Sandra K.|
|September 19TH||Karen F.||Alison D.||Jonathan G.||Kathryn G.||Jason M.||Cara H.|
|October 10TH||Ronda H.||Craig C.||Maggie H.||Steve B.||Michelle S.||Robert G.|
|October 17TH||Shelly Q.||Clay B.||Pat A.||Andrea S.||Frank G.||Stephen M.|
|October 24TH||Karen S.||Taylor M.||Mark H.||Angi T.||Drew O.||Rob S.|
We offer custom and affordable extracting services. From two frames to many boxes, we can handle it all! We usually start in August and finish in late October. You can contact us about pricing and appointment times. Our goal in offering these services is so that new beekeepers can learn what it takes to extract, but we find that our many repeat customers would prefer to leave the sticky stuff behind and not track it home with them. From our devoted hot room to our custom capping process, we continue to invest, adapt, and improve our extraction equipment and procedures to achieve the most efficient methods possible.
Whether we extract your honey or you do it yourself, you're going to need some supplies to compete the process.
We have 1, 2, 3.5, and 5 gallon high quality food grade buckets. We also sell and install a quality spigot (adjustable gate) for easy bottling.
5 Gallon Bucket filters: 200, 400, 600 micron
Come on in and see our inventory and low prices!
***Cappings Charge $3.00 per box***
EXTRACTION OF SHALLOW BOX $12.00
EXTRACTION OF DEEP BOX $19.00
Minimum Extraction Charge: $30.00 (this is for those that have less than 2 full boxes. Example: 14 frames and are only partially drawn out.)
Note: We do not filter, that is your joy and responsibility.
*ALL Inventory subject to availability.
Please contact us to verify stock or to place an order!
Sweet and Simple Apiaries
Due to COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS we have had to make unfortunate, but necessary changes for extracting services in 2020.
Please read all of this before requesting an appointment.
While you will still be required to make Extraction Appointments as in years past, it will be for drop-off only. We will extract your honey and then call you for a pickup date and time. Unfortunately, we are unable to keep proper social distance while extracting.
We really do wish that this could be avoided, but it is the only way we can get this done safely. Bill will especially miss being able to socialize with all of you, but it is the best solution that we can come up with at this time. We are certain there will be a few bumps in the road during this, but with your patience and understanding, we will do the best that we can.
Space is going to be tight regarding storage of boxes and buckets. It is imperative that you schedule your appointment for a time window that you (or someone on your behalf) will be available to come pick up your gear. If you’re planning a vacation or know you will be out of town for work, please schedule the extraction drop-off appointment for a different time frame.