1. Dr. Michelle L. Flenniken, from Montana State UniversityThe Impact of viruses on honey bees at the colony, individual, and cellular levels. Q&A at end of talk.
2. Dr. Dennis vanEnglelsdorf, from University of Maryland
Keeping Colonies Alive-Survey says and Varroa-wow
3. Dr. Dewey M. Caron, from University of Delaware
"Dead Bee Colony Forensics"
Interactive presentation with questions from the audience.
4. Dr. Ramesh Sagili, Oregon State University
"Honey Bee Nutrition: What We Know and What We Need to Know"
5. Dr. Steve Sheppard, Washington State University
“Queen Program and how it is improving our queen stocks"
6. Dr. Brandon Hopkins, Washington State University
“Isolation queen for Varroa Control”
This event is designed to bring current information on bee colony health to the hobbyist/sideliner beekeeper.
We will be at the John J. Hemmingson Center at Gonzaga University.
Parking is FREE in the parking garage off Hamilton onto E. Desmet Ave.
Lunch is furnished as part of your ticket and we will be eating in the student dining area.
We will have 6 great speakers speaking from 8am to 5pm with a lunch in the middle.
The price for this event is $50. (Includes lunch!)
Registration is online only at Brown Paper Tickets by clicking here:
You won't want to miss this unique opportunity.
in cooperation with
Sweet and Simple Apiaries